DMS DEV2 Mode Technical Information (Unofficical)
DMS3 Dev.olution Mode 2 provides a platform for developers to write applications to be stored on and executed from the Playstation 2 Harddrive.
Basic file structure
PS2Reality Media Player 1.50
Bigboss, Hermes and Mavy
DivX/MP3 Player and JPEG Viewer
COPY /APPS/DIVX/PS2MEDIA.ELF /DIVX/PS2MEDIA.ELF
This is only to make it easier to illustrate how it works, in a working example no spaces are allowed before each line.
- Title: This is the title of the application which will be shown in the DMS HDD Explorer menu after the application is installed.
- Author: Name of the team or persons involved in the project. This will be shown when you scroll over the application in the DMS HDD Explorer.
- Desc: A short and well formulated description of the application. This will be shown when you scroll over the application in the DMS HDD Explorer.
- Exec: This is the path of the executable that will be executed when a user selects the application from within the DMS HDD Explorer menu after installation. Using the above mentioned example script, DMS HDD Explorer would execute "/DIVX/PS2MEDIA.ELF" when the user selects "PS2Reality Media Player 1.50" from the menu.
- Action: These are the actions that make up the actual installation process. Available actions are; MKDIR, RMDIR, COPY, and REMOVE. For COPY you MUST specify both source and destination file names. You cannot simply specify the directory you wish to copy to/from. The other actions only need one argument.
Actions with an '_' character, such as "_COPY" are used to specify that if this action fails, the script should continue executing. Otherwise the script will stop if the action fails. This is useful if you were to do a "MKDIR /EMU" or something similar in which case some other application may have already created the directory in the past. In this case, you'd want to use the "_MKDIR" action instead.
Wildcards are also not supported.
You can have as many [APP] blocks you want, just add them in a sequence after another without any space between. The entire file should be named INSTALL.CNF (case sensitive) and burned as a PS2 disc with all the files required.
(Optional) If you want to include the DMS HDD Explorer (EXPINST.ELF) you can add this SYSTEM.CNF file:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\EXPINST.ELF;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC
When you boot this disc in normal PS2 mode (not DEV2) you will be prompt to install the DMS HDD Explorer, great for friends that don't have the HDD Explorer installed.
DMS Dev. Mode Technical Information